Castle Mirenski - Miren

Profil in naslov Castle Mirenski
Miren 216, 5291 Miren
call: +386 (0)5 398-43-00
faks: +386 (0)5 398-43-01
www.mirenski-grad.si
Logotip podjetja

O nas

Castle Mirenski

Gnidovec Retreat House is located on Castle Mirenski, which nestles in the shelter of Slovenia's Karst plateau. Despite the immediate vicinity of the town, the hill is isolated from busy roads and the everyday hustle and bustle, offering the opportunity for peaceful walks, conversation and contemplation.

header domov 2

 

Gnidovič Retreat House - Castle Mirenski
Conference room that accommodates up to 200 people is available for organizing major events. Besides the large conference room, the house offers also a small discussion room and two additional rooms for smaller groups.    The Chapel of St. Vincent de Paul, with a seating capacity of 80 people, allows space for quiet contemplation in front of the Most Holy and the celebration of Mass. Next to the chapel is a smaller room for consultation and confession.   In the dining room, which can accommodate up to 100 people, groups can enjoy the delights of Grad cuisine by tasting local specialties and home-grown vegetables.    There is also a youth center with games room (billiard, table tennis, table football, darts), a small kitchen and a sociable corner, which is available for guests by prior arrangement.

The surrounding area offers plenty of peaceful places, where groups can meet together and talk. Just below the top of the hill is a recreation ground, which allows children some exploring in the nearby woods.

On the other side of the hill is a landscaped park with space for conversation. The mighty pine in the summer months provides a pleasant coolness and quiet haven, which is the prefect place to find rest and relaxation.


Gnidovec Retreat House is located on Mirenski Grad, which nestles in the shelter of Slovenia's Karst plateau. Despite the immediate vicinity of the town, the hill is isolated from busy roads and the everyday hustle and bustle, offering the opportunity for peaceful walks, conversation and contemplation.


Since 1970, Gnidovič Retreat House offers a wide range of activities:

  • spiritual exercises
  • meetings
  • lectures
  • courses
  • concerts
  • exhibitions ...


Conference room that accommodates up to 200 people
is available for organizing major events. Besides the large conference room, the house offers also a small discussion room and two additional rooms for smaller groups.    The Chapel of St. Vincent de Paul, with a seating capacity of 80 people, allows space for quiet contemplation in front of the Most Holy and the celebration of Mass. Next to the chapel is a smaller room for consultation and confession.   In the dining room, which can accommodate up to 100 people, groups can enjoy the delights of Grad cuisine by tasting local specialties and home-grown vegetables.    There is also a youth center with games room (billiard, table tennis, table football, darts), a small kitchen and a sociable corner, which is available for guests by prior arrangement.

The surrounding area offers plenty of peaceful places, where groups can meet together and talk. Just below the top of the hill is a recreation ground, which allows children some exploring in the nearby woods.

On the other side of the hill is a landscaped park with space for conversation. The mighty pine in the summer months provides a pleasant coolness and quiet haven, which is the prefect place to find rest and relaxation.

 

Church od Our Lady of Sorrows

The first records of the church of Mary on the hill date back to 1350. At that time the place was called "Our Lady under the Karst."

Since the church was very small, in years 1862-1866, the local priest Eleršič built a new one of present size with the donations of pilgrims and devoted it to Our Lady of Sorrows. During World War I the church was completely destroyed. Between 1924 and 1931 priest Pahor provided to the erection of the new one designed by the architect Umberto Cuzzi. However, World War II saw it severely damaged once again. The restoration began in 1955 and the church was consecrated on 13 July 1986.

PRESENT CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF SORROWS

The church is one of the largest in the Diocese of Koper. It was built in the Romanesque style on a basilical plan. The main altar was designed by the architect Ivan Vurnik and it was completed in 1963 by Tone Kralj. The statue of Our Lady of Sorrows above the main altar and the paintings are also Kralj’s work. The lunettes of the side naves depict the Way of the Cross and the clerestory walls the Mysteries of the Rosary. The confessional under the choir was designed by the architect Boris Podrecca in 2005. The facade of the church bears a glass-made outline of Our Lady of Sorrows by Oskar Kogoj. The church tower on the right side boasts four bells, which were consecrated on 12 October 1987.

header zgodovina

Nahajamo se

Miren
Miren 216

Video